Enrollment Procedures for International TEFL Academy Nicaragua Courses
1. Speak with a live Admissions Advisor
A) This is critical to gain an understanding of hiring procedures and international job markets for English teachers. The following considerations may affect your plans and opportunities for teaching English abroad. Our US number is 1-708-357-3351, and our local number is 8449-8663.
- Citizenship, age, educational level, hiring cycle, interviewing procedure (in-person or phone interviews), and more.
- Review the list of the most popular countries for teaching English in our country comparison chart and individual country profiles. It is extremely important that all of our students understand the hiring procedures and eligibility requirements for English teaching positions prior to enrolling in a TEFL class.
- Non native English speakers will need to read and understand where they can and probably cannot find employment as an English teacher,
please review this information.
- Also, while we provide lifetime job search guidance to our graduates, you must have a clear understanding of your responsibilities for interviewing and obtaining a teaching position.
You can call us now at or request information and be assigned a personal adviser.
B) To Understand the requirements to take a TEFL course:
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED.
- Fluent and proficient English Skills.
- Non-native speakers will be required to write a brief essay and interview over the phone to verify their English skills prior to enrollment.
- Ability to complete a university level course that incorporates extensive reading, homework, papers, quizzes, tests, lessons plans, and student teaching/observation (practicum). All work is graded and each student must pass the class and fulfill the practicum requirement to earn their certification.
- To learn more about our Online TEFL class or Hybrid TEFL class follow the links.
- Requirements and admissions policies for the Nicaragua TEFL class and Hybrid class are open to anyone with a high school diploma.
2. Enroll in a TEFL course in advance before it is filled
- Four-week Onsite TEFL courses are limited to 14 students and often fill 2-3 months in advance.We strongly recommend that students enroll at least 90 days prior to their desired course start date to secure their spot and have ample time to make travel arrangements.
- Hybrid TEFL courses are limited to4 students and typically fill two months in advance. (Online course must be completed first.)
3. Registration is a two-step process
A) Pay the class tuition to reserve your spot:
- Onsite courses require a $600.00 deposit to enroll; the remaining balance will be due 30 days prior to the class start date. ITA Nicaragua will invoice you the remaining balance when before it is due.
- Class tuition and dates are listed here.
Payment is accepted by credit card, debit Visa/MasterCard via Paypal. You may pay using our online shopping cart here. Instructions for paying by Paypal will be provided upon request. Payment is the only way to hold your spot in a TEFL course.
To complete your registration you must complete the Registration Document and Terms and Conditions Document. Please sign, date, and return to our Leon, Nicaragua office via fax or email with 24 hours. Our fax number is 1-800-630-0803.
Onsite TEFL Class Students will not be put in contact with the student affairs department or the onsite course director until these documents are received.
TEFL Class Students who do not turn these in will not be allowed access to the onsite or online course.
4. After course registration is complete
A) Onsite Students:
The Leon, Nicaragua 4 week TEFL class students will work with the Student Affairs office in Leon. Within 7 business days of registration, you will receive a welcome packet via email that will have a great deal of information about your transition to Nicaragua. In that email, you will receive a set of instructions on how to set up an appointment with the student affairs department in Leon, Nicaragua. Please read all of the information in the packet prior to making your appointment with student affairs, and have your questions ready.
Please note: we will not contact you until you return your registration and terms and conditions to us. This is in addition to any paperwork you have filled out to your adviser in Chicago.
The Onsite Director/Student affairs will assist you with:
Housing options, arrival and transportation options. It is HIGHLY advised NOT to book your airline ticket or accommodations until you speak with the director as he/she is an expert of that city. You are responsible for the cost of these expenses, they are NOT included in the price of tuition. Your adviser will provide you with typical costs for accommodations for each location
B) Online TEFL Class students:
Students will receive their class log in and password information via email on the first day of class which is a Monday at 12 noon Central time. You will also be emailed a pre-course grammar module to help brush up before the course. You will be working our Student Affairs office in Chicago (our world headquarters)
Your TEFL Certificate
Onsite 4 week students:
You will receive your certificate 4 weeks after your course graduation in Leon, Nicaragua, or mailed to your home. Please note, YOUR COURSE GRADE WILL BE ON YOUR OFFICIAL TEFL CERTIFICATE FROM TQUK.
You will receive via mail your TEFL Certificate after finishing your course and have submitted the practicum documents. Certificates are mailed each month from England where TQUK is located.